Mayfest 2017

Chicago rapper Vic Mensa to headline Mayfest 2017

Courtesy of University Union

Chicago rapper Vic Mensa appeared on Kanye West's 2016 album "The Life of Pablo."

Rapper Vic Mensa and the electronic music group Cheat Codes will headline this spring’s Mayfest concert in Walnut Park, University Union announced Friday.

Mayfest, an annual outdoor concert held ahead of Block Party, will begin at 1 p.m. on April 28 in Walnut.

Mensa, a Chicago rapper, most recently released his extended play “There’s Alot Going On” in June 2016. He’s also collaborated with both Chance The Rapper and Kanye West. He was featured on “Wolves” from West’s 2016 album “The Life of Pablo” and released the single “U Mad,” featuring West, in 2015. He also appeared on Chance The Rapper’s mixtape “Acid Rap.”

Cheat Codes, an electronic DJ trio from Los Angeles, are known for their 2016 single “Sex.”

In addition to Mensa and Cheat Codes, there will be a “special guest” at Mayfest who has not yet been identified, according to University Union.

Entrance to Mayfest is free for all undergraduate students at Syracuse University and the State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry with a valid student ID. SU and SUNY-ESF graduate students, SU College of Law students and guests of SU undergraduate students may pre-purchase tickets at the Schine Box Office beginning on Tuesday at 9 a.m.

Mayfest will precede that night’s Block Party concert, which will feature rapper Travis Scott.